The Whitty Clinical School project consisted of the adaptive reuse of the original Robin Dods designed hospital on the Mater Campus.
This included the insertion of a new glazed atrium which promoted alternative teaching and learning spaces and supported The University of Queensland’s vision of including peer to peer learning opportunities in its facilities. The Whitty Clinical School was co-sponsored by Mater Health Services and The University of Queensland. Specific functions included;
- Video conference supported learning spaces to promote distance and international education;
- Collaborative seminar rooms / Alternative Teaching / Learning Atrium / Learning Commons;
- Teaching High and Low Fidelity Simulation Suites with Control Rooms;
- Student Area / Peer to Peer Learning with Problem Based Learning spaces;
- Accommodation for UQ academics as well as Mater staff;
- Sustainability initiatives include designing the project to achieve a 5 Star Green Star equivalency.