The GE Headquarters at Springfield have been awarded the 5 Star As-Built only Green Star rating.
Umow Lai secured 67 points in Round 1 to achieve the target
In collaboration with Umow Lai and Kane, the Conrad Gargett team worked hard to incorporate the requirements of the targeted Green star credit criteria into the project.
The Green Star rating can be contributed to a number of elements including:
- The large louvered ‘wing’ roof not only acts as a key architectural statement, it also acts as a critical component of the building’s passive solar design strategy
- A façade/glazing selection enabling the mechanical system to operate at optimum performance,
- The installation of LED lighting,
- A lighting control system with daylight harvesting functionality
- Mechanical system which provides 150% increase in outside air provision to the building to counteract the build- up of indoor pollutants.