The Whitty Building Redevelopment Project is an adaptive reuse development for the joint project between University of Queensland and Mater Health Services to establish a new Education Centre on the Mater South Brisbane campus.
The Education Centre accommodates the clinical teaching facilities and establish the first interpretative learning common on the campus. This includes the insertion of a new glazed atrium which promotes an alternative teaching and learning spaces and supports UQ’s vision of including peer to peer learning opportunities in its facilities.
Specific functions include:
- Video conference supported learning spaces to promote distance and international education
- Collaborative seminar rooms / Alternative Teaching / Learning Atrium / Learning Commons
- Teaching High and Low Fidelity Simulation Suites with Control Rooms
- Student Area / Peer to Peer Learning with Problem Based Learning spaces
- Accommodation for UQ academics as well as Mater staff
- Sustainability initiatives include designing the project to achieve a 5 Star Green Star equivalency.
Back to Home