Griffith University Aquatic Centre | Gold Coast
Griffith University’s new aquatic centre is a specialist training centre for a variety of users. These users include elite athletes, group training squads, university staff and students. Located at Griffith University’s Gold Coast campus, the open-air FINA accredited pool facility with associated spectator seating, is designed to enhance the core university precinct and establish an engaging and transparent facility that encourages public engagement and accessibility. The facility will contain a number of functions:
- Entry / foyer area
- Café & informal seating areas
- Formal function space
- Informal public training space
- 50m 8-lane, designed to FINA standards, outdoor pool
- Pool Deck training and function spaces
- Group functional fitness training space
- Body weight & obstacle training space
- Cross fit & weight training space
Conrad Gargett has designed the facility to utilise the existing topography and minimise civil works. To further reduce construction expenditure, the structural design is uncomplicated and highly rational. Efficiency and simplicity of the building form will deliver cost effectiveness.
Conrad Gargett was commissioned after winning a limited design competition.
More Sport + Leisure Projects
Back to Home